Beware of over packing. You’re going on vacation, not moving. Whether you’re staying for a week or weekend, packing is most likely the least fun part of your trip. Is this less than three ounces? Should I bring my blow-dryer? Do I really need to pack a fourth pair of shoes?
Regardless of which Palace Resorts property your visiting, you can count on tropical weather and plenty of beachside fun in the sun. So before you experience “The Palace Life,” here is a list of things you should definitely consider packing (and not packing) when visiting any Palace Resorts property.
A valid passport (you won’t get far without it), photo identification such as a driver’s license, black or blue pen (for immigration / customs forms) and your plane ticket should be easily accessible at all times.
- Clothing: whether you visit in August or December, the average temperature you’ll be experiencing is 82˚F, so lightweight attire is a must. For daytime activities, you’ll likely be spending most of your time in a bathing suit, so pack a variety of cover-ups you can easily throw over. Think shorts and polos for men, and maxi dresses, comfy skirts and loose tops for women. If you want to dress it up at night, do it! But remember, you’re still in a beach destination, so a laid-back feel is key. Dress up a cute romper with heels, or play down a nice dress with cute flats. Linen fabrics work great and can be as formal or casual as you’d like.
- Keep in mind that some of our reservation only restaurants require a tad bit more formal attire. That means- no shorts, no t-shirts & no flip-flops.
- Comfortable Shoes: Sneakers, sandals and versatile dress shoes are all you need to go from lounging poolside to dancing the night away.
- Bathing Suits: Itty bity swimwear doesn’t take up much room, so feel free to bring two or twelve swimsuits, we promise- we have enough pools for you to show-off your entire wardrobe.
Count of Sunshine
- Sunblock: travel sized sunblock is almost as essential as your passport. If you’re checking a bag, may we suggest bringing a bigger bottle and checking it in? It will save you money, as things like these tend to be higher priced in foreign countries.
- Sunglasses & Hats: A wide brimmed hat will deflect sunburns while sunglasses, with UV protection, will also protect your eyes during your sun-filled escape. Both will add style to your beach attire.
On Property Extras
As part of the guest-centric vacation experience, Palace Resorts offers unique amenities which elevate the on-property experience for our valued visitors.
- Every guest room features high-quality CHI bath products; our most luxurious property, AAA Five Diamond Le Blanc Spa Resort, offer BVLGARI products. So leave your shampoo & conditioner at home!
- When most of us travel, we find an average blow-dryer in hotel rooms — and certainly not a hair iron — so we’re forced to pack heavy hair tools and products. That’s not the case at Palace Resorts. Each of our properties’ guest rooms come with the original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron and CHI Pro Hair-Dryer- more room for bikinis of course.
- Another item our guests frequently ask about? Pool towels. Yes, we have them, so no need to worry – we’ve got you covered.
Getting ready to a visit one of Palace Resorts’ eight oceanfront properties? Comment below, and tell us about it.